Ever since Church for Men opened its doors in 2005, there’s been a steady stream of requests for a Pastors Training Camp. Since I live in Alaska, it’s been a little tough to get one together.
However, we’ve got a plan and a vision; the next part is putting it together and making it affordable.
The camp will last three days – Tuesday through Thursday. Each pastor will be required to bring a key layman from his church along. Each camp will be limited to 16 pastors + 16 laymen.
Pastors will learn:
- How to enjoy being with men
- How to recruit men
- How to disciple men
- How men learn
- How to deal with cranky men
- How to deal with “angry prophets”
- How to engage the unchurched men of the community
- How to make their church and youth programs more man friendly
- How to identify and remove the barriers to male participation in the church
- How to preach a sermon that a man will never forget