This has been one of the most difficult — and helpful exercises I’ve ever undertaken.
I’ve spent a couple of months boiling the mission of Church for Men down to its core. I’ve come up with these seven principles:
- If you focus on men, your church will grow. If you personally disciple men, your church will explode.
- You don’t need to start a men’s ministry program. Instead, take what you’re already doing and make it man friendly.
- Men don’t hate God or Christ – they hate churchgoing. A surprising number of faithful Christian men are not all that excited about attending worship services.
- We’re not calling men back to the church – instead, we’re calling the church back to men
- Men will take their place in church when they feel needed and affirmed there.
- Both masculine and feminine expression has a place in the church, but an excess of either will lead to dysfunction.
- The religion that wins men, wins.
So what do you think? Do these cover it? Is there anything I missed? Anything I should add or subtract? Please add your comments below.